At ESHC, we believe that faith is an integral part of many people’s lives. The need for Pastoral/Spiritual guidance and understanding often grows during a hospital stay.
With the help of a number of clergy in the area, we can offer 24 hour, 7 days a week coverage.
Pastoral/Spiritual Services is committed to serving all patients, families, staff and volunteers regardless of faith, ethnicity or creed. We endeavor to facilitate the attendance of one’s own clergy or faith leader when requested.
Chaplains also assist with coping strategies and provide support to those in distress.
A Chaplain can be of help when:
- You are thinking about the meaning of life
- You want someone to pray with you
- You are facing surgery or other procedures
- You want to connect with a priest, minister, rabbi or other Faith Leader.
- There is a death
- You are feeling lonely
- You have feelings of fear, doubt, hopelessness
- You are worried
- You have received a diagnosis of a life-threatening illness
Remember: It doesn’t need to be a “religious” question, it can be about anything.
Services Offered by the Spiritual & Religious Care Committee
- Weekly worship service in our Interfaith Prayer Room (Thursday at 11am)
- Local clergy volunteers are on call 24 hours, 7 days a week. We offer training twice a year as well as orientation for new clergy in the area
- Lights of Life Annual Memorial Service (The 1st Sunday in December)-commemorating all those who have died each year in our hospital
- Annual Baby Memorial Service (The 4th Sunday in June) – For all babies who have died (at any time) including those due to miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy
- Sponsor 6 to 8 families for Christmas
- Support Perinatal Bereavement Program
How to access Pastoral/Spiritual Care
Ask any nurse or unit clerk and they will facilitate this for you.
Meditation and Prayer in our Interfaith Prayer Room
Our Interfaith Prayer Room was completed and dedicated in 2004 with the goal to provide a space that was spiritually motivating while allowing for quiet meditation and worship.