Orthopaedics is a medical specialty that focuses on injuries and disorders of the body’s musculoskeletal system. The orthopaedic surgeon treats bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and nerves disorders.
Types of consultations in orthopaedics
- Treatment of fractures, dislocations, strains, hernias and bone tumours
- Problems related to congenital malformation such as clubfoot and hip dislocation
- Growth disorders such as spinal deviation
- Aftereffects of infectious or inflammatory disease, for example poliomyelitis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint replacement surgery