COVID-19 Assessment Center
COVID-19 Testing and Information
What is a COVID-19 assessment centre?
Who can visit an assessment centre?
- There are over 120 assessment centres across the province that have been set up to test Ontarians for COVID-19.
- As of June 15th 2020, you can get a test if:
- you are worried you may have COVID-19.
- you are worried you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- you are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through your employment.
- you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- You do not need a referral to get a test.
- You do not need a health card to get a test.
- Anyone who wants a test can get a test.
- You do/do not need to book an appointment at this centre to get a test.
How do I get a test at this assessment centre?
Do I need an appointment or referral?
- We have a walk-in center - please come to the back of ESHC in the former Ambulatory Care Clinic.
What happens at this assessment centre?
- You do not need an appointment to get a test. We are accepting walk-ins.
- When you arrive we will take your name, assess you for COVID-19 symptoms, and you will be asked to wait in one of two lines (one line is for people with symptoms, and the other is for people without symptoms). We will then call you when it is your turn to be tested.
- A healthcare worker will swab your nose in order to obtain a sample to test you for COVID-19. For symptomatic people, a healthcare worker will also check your pulse and your heart rate.
- You will receive information about how to get your test results and what to do if it is positive.
Does this assessment centre test children for COVID-19?
Where is this centre located?
- Yes. We are equipped to test children over the age of 2 years for COVID-19.
The centre is located at:Assessment Centre Erie Shores HealthCare Hospital
194 Talbot Street West
Ambulatory Care Entrance
How do I contact this centre?
- Our centre can only be accessed by entering through the South Wing entrance of the hospital.
Call us at 519-326-2373 and listen for the prompt for the COVID hotline
Email us at email@example.com
What are the hours of operation?
Is parking available?
- We are open Monday through Sunday from 8AM to 6PM.
- Please note 8am to 9am is designated for surgery patients to get swabbed.
How do I find out my results?
- Parking is available in our lots off of Fader street or along Talbot.
Are there healthcare workers at this assessment centre who speak Spanish/other languages?
- A healthcare worker will also contact you directly if your result is positive or negative.
How else can I connect with this centre?
- Yes. There are healthcare workers at this assessment centre who speak Spanish.
Follow us on social media:
- Twitter @ESHCare
- Facebook @ESHCare