Applications are being accepted for a full time Program Manager of Emergency Services and Community Outreach. The successful applicant will be required to work days (occasional off hours), weekend hour’s administrative call and will work 75 hours per bi-weekly pay period. Reporting to the Clinical Director of Patient Services. The Program Manager will practice in accordance with legislation and the standards as determined by their regulatory body and the practice setting.
• Responsible for day to day operations of the unit including staff schedules
• Assumes overall accountability and responsibility for the patient care and services provided
• Maintains current knowledge of issues and trends in patient care and facilitating best practice Facilitates implementation of corporate projects within the program, i.e., Clinical Pathways, workload measurement systems, P4R outcomes, etc.
• Develops unit specific philosophy, goals objectives and standards of patient care and ensuring that these are congruent with the hospital mission, vision & values and strategic plan
• Coordinates all care and services provided for patient group in collaboration with other managers and providers
• Develops systems to monitor and manage unit operations, progress toward established goals, and patient care outcomes
• Acts as a resource person to the physicians, and support staff, in relation to the care of patients and unit operations
• Assumes accountability for facilitating the resolution of identified patient care issues in collaboration with the leadership team
• Acts as a role model for staff and demonstrating commitment to patient/ family-centered care Implements quality improvement initiatives for the program in order to enhance the quality of patient care
• Ensures that all staff are informed and in compliance with relevant policies and procedures
• Develops and manages an operational budget for the program in collaboration with the Director including preparation of yearly capital budget for the program in collaboration
• Analyzing management reports, investigating variances, initiating remedial action and evaluating outcomes
• Promotes and facilitates the use of systems that ensure patient needs are being met, and the provision of patient care is consistent with the goals, objectives and standards of the program
• Identifies problems and deficiencies in the delivery of optimal patient care and assists with the formulation of solutions.
• Facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving and decision-making by the patient care team around program and patient care issues.
• Supports and assists Clinical Educators with the identification and planning of patient and staff education programs and in the orientation of new team members to the program.
• Consistently demonstrates advanced knowledge and expertise in the area of patient care.
• Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required in good standing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
• Minimum 5 years current, relevant clinical experience required.
• Previous clinical experience in Emergency Department preferred.
• Previous nursing leadership experience preferred.