Erie Shores HealthCare (ESHC) is in search of two (2) Temporary Full Time Clinical Shift Educators (CSE), under a temporary contract through to March 2023.
Erie Shores HealthCare is a dynamic community hospital located in Leamington, Ontario. Servicing the Leamington, Kingsville, Essex, Harrow, Belle River, Amherstburg and Wheatley community, Erie Shores HealthCare continues to grow and adapt to the communities it serves.
Erie Shores HealthCare is currently home to 58 inpatient beds and a range of patient programs and services including a 24/7 Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care, Outpatient Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services, Laboratory Services, General Surgery, Cardiopulmonary Services, Pharmacy and Rehabilitation Services.
Erie Shores HealthCare is committed to improving the health and well-being of the people it serves by leading the development of a sustainable integrated rural health system. As an employer of choice, the hospital has a culture of caring that makes Erie Shores HealthCare a hospital of choice for patients and the communities it serves.
The goal of the Clinical Shift Educator (CSE) position is to support the growing complement of our new graduate RPN and RN staff. This position would support clinical staff on a daily basis on the units, mentoring, and support staff while developing their skills and ability. On-unit education, skills instruction, decision-making counselling, and educational in-services are all examples of what is required of this role.
The Clinical Shift Educator will primarily be assigned to support, consult, and educate staff caring for clients requiring admitted to the Inpatient and Emergency departments at Erie Shores HealthCare.
The Clinical Shift Educator is an extended member of Clinical Practice Manager’s team with a clinical and education focus for staff and enables evidence-based support through knowledge transfer for nursing staff and other professional staff as required. The Educator influences and advances professional practice by utilizing strong leadership characteristics, effective change management methodology and successful mentoring and coaching techniques. In partnership with the Chief Nursing Executive, Clinical Managers, Patient Care Directors, Corporate Leaders, Team Leaders, and unit staff, the Clinical Nurse Educator provides and promotes ongoing professional development opportunities with nursing staff in response to identified rural hospital, departmental, and individual learning needs. The Clinical Nurse Educator demonstrates leadership while participating in organization-wide, as well as unit-based initiatives with the integration of best practices into daily workflow promoting high quality patient care. The Educator collaborates to assist in the development and delivery of an effective nursing orientation/onboarding and return to work programing for clinical staff.
- Previous quality improvement experience is an asset.
- Teaching experience in classroom and clinical setting preferred.
- Knowledge and experience on the application of adult learning principles.
- Knowledge and proficiency in conducting literature reviews.
- Sound understanding of CNO regulatory practice standards and the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Creative, flexible and work effectively with a diverse group of individuals using a variety of creative learning techniques and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office Suite, RL Solutions, order sets, policy development.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving, team building and conflict resolution.
- Proficient written, verbal and non-verbal facilitation and communication skills.
- Well-developed skills in assessing learning needs.
- Self-directed, positive, professional work ethic and demonstrated initiative.
- Effective time management skills; able to manage competing demands and deadlines.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BScN).
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) provider certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- Paediatric and adult assessment, including triage.
- 12 lead ECG Interpretation and telemetry interpretation skills
- Demonstrated education and/or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the development, instruction and evaluation of educational programs/curriculum.
- Proven commitment to evidence-based practice and reflective practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
Erie Shores HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations available on request in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under ESHC’s Accommodation Policy.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.